United Way Opens Grant Eligibility for Local Nonprofits
MESA COUNTY, Colo. — Organizations considering applying for program funding from United Way of Mesa County must complete an eligibility review to begin the process for the funding cycle beginning July 1, 2019. United Way dollars support programs that address human service needs in Mesa County in the areas of health, education and family supports, and self-reliance. In order to be considered eligible for funding, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Tax-exempt status under IRS 501(c)(3) and incorporated as a nonprofit for at least two years as of October 1, 2018
- Written bylaws which accurately describe the agency structure, mission and operations
- Local Board of Directors or Advisory Board/Council which governs the affairs of the organization, meeting at least four times a year, keeping minutes of its meetings
- Policy of non-discrimination in compliance with all state and federal laws, applicable to persons served, staff employment, volunteers, and membership on its governing Board
- Annual audit or a financial review prepared by an independent Certified Public Accountant
- At least one staff person, salaried or unsalaried, assigned at least half time, to conduct and/or administer the activities of the organization.
To receive eligibility instructions, please call United Way of Mesa County at 970-243-5364, or email Abby: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for completion is Wednesday, October 31, 2018 by 5:00 pm. Eligible organizations will have access to the Program Funding Application beginning November 3.
A diverse group of local volunteers will review program applications and financial information, visit the program sites, and make funding recommendations to the United Way Board of Directors for approval.
United Way of Mesa County fights for the health, education and self-reliance of every person in our community. United Way of Mesa County is a locally-run, locally governed nonprofit. One hundred percent of the amount raised here, stays here.